TimeCOS® ePay ED/EP is an e-purse/deposit payment card compliant with EMV 96, a global standard for credit and debit payment cards based on chip card technology. It can be used as bankcard and micro-payment payment card.
TimeCOS® ePay ED/EP card adds additional functions to its original e-purse and e-deposit functions. E-purse includes top-up, payment with no pin required and an optional choice of payment authentication. Additional e-purse mainly focuses on debit or credit applications such as gas refilling. Another comprehensive function of TimeCOS® ePay ED/EP card include time-based or distance-based payment on buses, taxis and other mode of public transportation.
TimeCOS® ePay ED/EP card can be used in EMV, mobile payment, transportation e-ticketing.
• Complies with ISO/IEC 7816 Part 1-4
• Complies with ISO14443 Part 1-4
• Supports multiple and independent applications
• Data capacity: 4K/8K/16K/32K/64K/128K/256K/1M
• Platform: Native, Java
• Supports Single DES and 3DES
• Supports multiple communication protocols: contact interface supports T=0 and T=1
• Contactless interface supports Type A and B
• Prevents DPA/SPA attack
• Excessive frequency monitoring for protection
• Excessive voltage monitoring for protection
In 2009, Watchdata provided Fujian province of China TimeCOS SISC+ card that combines TimeCOS® ePay ED/EP card and social security management function. With this card, cardholders can get authenticated for social security service, pay for health care, check their medical record and par for mass transit, supermarkets, tourist spots, parking, etc. in future. That means, a 3-in-1 card will bring to people much more convenience what converges social security, banking and mass transit.